© 2013 Archant Community Media Ltd
- Out & about
- Food & drink
- Homes & gardens
- Life TV
- Competitions & offers
Vanilla Panna Cotta, Strawberry Sorbet, and Shot of Rose Champagne and Champagne Granite by Head Chef Paul Peters, Black Swan Hotel, Market Place, Helmsley, YO62 5BJ
Vanilla Panna Cotta
4 Vanilla Pods
4 Gelatine Leaves
3 pts Water
2lt Strawberry Puree
900g Soft Flour
2 Bottles Champagne
1. Boil water and sugar, chill, add Strawberry Puree. Taste.
Add a little lemon juice if required.
1. Cream butter & sugar until very soft.
2. Sieve flour & cornflour.
3. Incorporate flour into butter, mix to pastry.
4. Roll to 1cm thick on silicone paper bake at gas mark 4 until golden.
1. Boil sugar & water add champagne, place in metal container.
2. Freeze, scrape with fork to make crystals.
3. Scrape vanilla pods into 200mls of cream, add sugar, bring to the
boil. Soak gelatine, add to the boiled cream. Allow to cool and then add to rest of cream, place into the moulds. Refrigerate till set.