© 2013 Archant Community Media Ltd
- Out & about
- Food & drink
- Homes & gardens
- Life TV
- Competitions & offers
1 cooked lobster split and cleaned remove the meat from the body and claws and cut into bite size pieces.
3 tblsp dry sherry.
Salt and pepper.
1 level tbsp plain flour.
150ml single cream.
Squeeze of lemon juice.
Splash of brandy.
2 eggs, separated.
1. Place the lobster in a bowl with 1 tblsp dry sherry and salt and pepper, mix together and set aside.
2. Melt 25g of the butter and add the flour, cook gently for a couple of minutes, and off the heat, gradually add the cream to make a smooth sauce. Simmer for 3-5 minutes until thickened.
3. Remove from the heat and add the remaining sherry, lemon juice and brandy, season with salt and pepper. Whisk in the egg yolks.
4. Heat the remainder of the butter in a pan and add the lobster meat and coat in the melted butter.
5. Whisk the egg whites until they form soft peaks and fold into the cooled sauce.
6. Put a little of the sauce in the bottom of the lobster shells and top with the lobster meat, then top with the remaining sauce.
7. Place the lobster shells on a baking sheet and place in the oven at 220c/gas mark 7 for approximately 5-8 minutes.
Serve immediately with lemon wedges, new potatoes and a crispy salad.