© 2013 Archant Community Media Ltd
- Out & about
- Food & drink
- Homes & gardens
- Life TV
- Competitions & offers
Why not try this delicious Sainsbury's Soda Bread recipe!
1. Preheat the oven to 190°C, fan 170°C, gas 5.
2. Place all the flour, salt, bicarbonate of soda, cream of tartar and sugar in a bowl.
Using your fingertips, rub in the butter until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
3. Stir in the buttermilk and enough milk – start with 75ml – to mix to a stiff
consistency, taking care not to over-mix. Knead very lightly, then shape into a ball
and flatten slightly.
4. Place the dough on a lightly floured baking tray. Cut a cross about 1.5cm deep on
the top of the dough in the centre and bake for 45–50 minutes, until the loaf has risen
and is golden, and the centre of the cross feels firm.
5. Remove from the oven and wrap
in a clean tea towel to cool.
6.Best eaten on the day of making, this will also be good toasted the day after. Great served with butter.
Recipe supplied by sainsbury's! Be sure to give them a visit and see what else they have to offer you.