Blackcurrant and Apple Mince Pies recipe
19:04 15 December 2015
These are mince pies with a lighter modern twist, all the flavours of Christmas but with less sugar and fat.
400g shortcrust or puff pastry, depending on preference
6 tbsp Streamline blackcurrant jam
75g mixed dried fruit
1 medium eating apple, peeled and finely grated
1 egg beaten
Fat free yoghurt or orange zest to serve
1. Pre heat oven 200c/180c fan/ gas 6.
2. Roll out the pastry and cut 12 x 8cm circles with a fluted cutter and cut out 12 stars with a star cutter. Line a shallow bun tin with the circles.
3. Mix together the Streamline blackcurrant jam, dried fruit and grated apple.
4. Place spoonfuls into the pastry cases, top with the pastry stars and brush with a little milk or beaten egg.
5. Bake in the oven for approximately 12 minutes until golden. Serve warm with a spoonful of fat free yoghurt and a sprinkling of orange zest.