Submit your nominations for the 2019 Yorkshire Life Food & Drink Awards
PUBLISHED: 13:06 17 April 2019
Who will be the winners of the Yorkshire Life Food & Drink Awards 2019? We want you to help us decide
We are delighted to launch the Yorkshire Life Food & Drink Awards 2019, recognised as among the most highly regarded in the local food and drink industry. We live in a wonderful region, spoiled for choice by a wide range of amazing restaurants, pubs and hotels which have quality produce right on their doorsteps and that means there is no shortage of worthy businesses to nominate for these prestigious awards.
These awards are designed to champion and showcase the talent and innovation from the region's food and drink industry including local producers and suppliers, chefs, restaurants, pubs, hoteliers.
We are particularly excited this year to introduce a brand new category: Neighbourhood Food and Drink Enterprise, which recognises the exceptional work going on that has an impact on the welfare of its neighbourhood or community, be that through environmentally friendly practices (reducing plastic packaging, reducing food waste,) encouraging healthy eating, demonstrating sustainability or innovation and contributing to the local economy
This year, once more, we look forward to hearing from you and receiving your nominations, acknowledging the businesses you feel deserve to be recognised for their outstanding quality and commitment especially in categories of Yorkshire Life Family Dining of the Year and Yorkshire Life Outstanding Customer Service Award of the Year.
Your views and ideas will guide our judging panel. Nomination forms are available online at foodawards.yorkshireLife.co.uk. The closing date for your votes is May 31.
Winners will be announced at a celebration dinner at The Principal Hotel, York on September 17.
For information about the event please visit our website foodawards.yorkshireLife.co.uk or contact firstname.lastname@example.org
YORKSHIRE LIFE FOOD & DRINK AWARDS 2019 CATEGORIES
There are 12 categories. We particularly want to receive your nominations for Yorkshire Life Family Dining of the Year and Yorkshire Life Outstanding Customer Service of the Year. Our expert independent panel of judges will choose a shortlist and then the winners, based on their knowledge and visits where appropriate.
Nomination forms are available online at foodawards.yorkshirelife.co.uk. The closing date for your votes is May 31.
1. Yorkshire Life Restaurant of the Year: Nominate a restaurant in Yorkshire which offers the best dining experience including food, décor and service.
2. Yorkshire Life Dining Pub of the Year: Nominate your favourite pub in Yorkshire. It should serve good beer, great food and give guests a warm welcome.
3. Yorkshire Life Independent Retailer of the Year: Nominate your favourite deli, farm shop, baker or food retailer who you think deserves this accolade
4. Yorkshire Life Restaurant with Rooms: Nominate a Yorkshire-based Inn or restaurant which provides guests with high quality food, excellent service and a high standard of overnight accommodation. To qualify for this category the accommodation must be 12 rooms or less.
5. Yorkshire Life Food or Drink Hero of the Year: This person will have made a lasting contribution to the food and drink community. It could be a celebrity, a critic, a barman, waiter or farmer. Who goes that extra mile to make a difference to our local food and drink in Yorkshire?
6. Yorkshire Life Chef of the Year: This is someone who has devoted themselves to the cause of serving the best possible food within the county.
7. Yorkshire Life Tearoom/Cafe of the Year: Who serves the best tea or coffee and the most original and delicious tasting cakes or scones in Yorkshire?
8. Neighbourhood Food and Drink Enterprise: Judges are looking for a neighbourhood/community-based food and drink enterprise that has an impact on the welfare of its neighbourhood/community be that through environmentally friendly practices (reducing plastic packaging, reducing food waste,) encouraging healthy eating, demonstrating sustainability and innovation and contributing to the local economy.
9. Yorkshire Life Producer/Product of the Year: Nominate your favourite food or drink product whether made by a Yorkshire farmer, producer, retailer or manufacturer.
10. Yorkshire Life Newcomer of the Year: This category is open to anyone in the food or drink industry who has started a new venture within the last 18 months. We want to know what impact they have made on the local community and whether they have started to achieve any success further afield. Are they helping to promote Yorkshire food and drink to a new audience?
11. Yorkshire Life Family Dining of the Year: Judges of this category will be looking for a restaurant, café or pub which really meets the needs of family dining, by demonstrating attention to the requirements across the generations of diners both in terms of its food offering, atmosphere, entertainment, sense of theatre, and the variety of menu for guests regardless of age. The award reflects the whole experience, so is aimed at establishments that place a great emphasis on standards of service, both front of house and in the food preparation, as well as having that 'certain something' which makes it appeal to the whole family.
12. Outstanding Customer Service: Service has to be just right — not lacking, but not intrusive either. We want you to tell us about the place that blends warmth and courtesy with knowledge and efficiency