Leanne Fisher, The Blue Bell Country Inn, Weaverthorpe and Easy Cook Slow Roasted Belly Pork recipe
PUBLISHED: 22:33 23 September 2011 | UPDATED: 20:01 20 February 2013
Leanne Fisher at The Blue Bell Country Inn shares her recipe for Easy Cook Slow Roasted Belly Pork
Easy Cook Slow Roasted Belly Pork
1 Belly Pork (skin off, 6/7lb Serves six)
2 Eating apples
Bulb Garlic (split)
2 Sprigs thyme
2 Bay Leaves
6 Star anise
1 pt cider
2 Pints Chicken Stock
1. Skin and remove excess fat from Belly Pork.
2. Peel and roughly chop the apples, onions and Garlic.
3. Place in a Large Roasting tray with the other ingredients and the Belly Pork on top. Cook in a Pre heated oven 180c, for three hours or until Tender.
4. Remove from oven and allow to cool for 30 mins
5. Strain the Pork Juice and stock into a saucepan, Bring to the boil
and reduce by half
6. Spread Cling film on the worktop and lay the belly pork flat on the cling film. Slowly roll along widest side to make roulade shape, tie off both ends and place in fridge for two hours until firm.
7. Remove cling film and portion into six.
Pre heat a frying Pan then crisp the belly pork for 34 mins transfer to oven proof dish and place in a pre heated oven for 20 mins. Serve on mustard seed mash with Pork reduction.
Leanne Fisher has been at the helm of the Blue Bell Inn kitchen for the
past 11 years. Self taught with no formal training at all she and her
team have managed to put the Blue Bell Inn truly on the culinery map,
acheiving such acalades as an AA rosette, Journal Restaurant of the Month, Hull Daily Mail Pub of the Year, three time Finalist for Yorkshire Pub of the Year welcome to Yorkshire, small but special places to stay
Yorkshire Life to name but a few!
Signature dishes such as Black Pudding with Flat mushrooms and Soft poached Egg have been on the menu for over 10 years and still proving to be as popular today as it was when it first appeared on the menu.
Leanne is constantly creating new dishes, for example 'Fishers Shots'
four Shot glasses giving a taste of the east coast, including Potted Whitby Crab, Prawn cocktail with Chilli Marie rose Sauce, Smoked Salmon with a Dill vinigarette and finally smoked haddock and leak fishcake with a lightly curried cream sauce.
The Blue Bell Inn, the restaurant with rooms, nestles beside the village green in the picturesque village of Weaverthorpe, in the Yorkshire wolds. It is here that chef and proprietor Leanne Fisher and her team; Mark Hardy, James Summers and Peter Chambers produce deliciously tempting food using locally-sourced ingredients from a region renowned for the quality of its Produce.
The Blue Bell has a cosy bar with an open, log-burning fire, a newly-refurbished 40 cover restaurant and two private dining rooms that cater for parties from eight to sixteen. The Blue Bell has six Silver Award
winning en-suite bedrooms with a further six rooms in our Champagne House, individually designed to be the essence of Comfort and luxury.
North Yorkshire YO17 8EX