Yorkshire Properties - Parkwood Mills, Longwood, Huddersfield

PUBLISHED: 14:40 20 February 2012 | UPDATED: 21:04 20 February 2013

Yorkshire Properties - Parkwood Mills, Longwood, Huddersfield

Yorkshire Properties - Parkwood Mills, Longwood, Huddersfield

Two historic mill buildings have been converted by specialist developer PJ Livesey, which has just completed the only new-build block, Waterside, next to the restored original mill lodge.

Smart buyers realise they are currently in a strong position with developers and the government doing all they can to assist new build sales.


Incentives and funding packages mean this is a great time to buy a quality new home like those at Parkwood Mills in the conservation area of Longwood just outside Huddersfield.

Two historic mill buildings have been converted by specialist developer PJ Livesey, which has just completed the only new-build block, Waterside, next to the restored original mill lodge.


The site has seen a rush of interest teamsince the Waterside apartments were launched at the end of last year and there are only 12 remaining, with a further 12 available in the converted Quarry Bank Mill.

Among the incentives on offer are a 99 reservation fee; the governments FirstBuy initiative; an assisted sales scheme in association with local estate agents Bramleys; and extras including fitted wardrobes and all flooring as well as lighting.

Sales negotiator Diane Hotchin said: Instead of the usual 500 we are offering a 99 reservation fee for a limited time only, which means people can hold on to their savings while the sale proceeds.

The FirstBuy initiative is available on a limited number of apartments, allowing first-time buyers to fund an 80 per cent share of their new home with an interest free loan on the other 20 per cent. Crucially, they also only have to find a five per cent deposit, which can be as low as 4,000.

The new show apartments are open to view from 10am to 5pm, Thursday to Monday. Call Diane on 01484 655364 or visit parkwoodmills.co.uk



The print version of this article appeared in the March 2012 issue of Yorkshire Life

We can deliver a copy direct to your door order online here

Most Read

Most Read

Latest from the Yorkshire Life