6 walks in and around Yorkshire Peak District
PUBLISHED: 19:48 05 March 2018 | UPDATED: 18:59 02 August 2018
A collection of walks in and around the Yorkshire section of the Peak District National Park.
High and Low Bradfield
The twin villages of High and Low Bradfield, the starting point for this walk of lush valleys, lakes and high moors, stand only seven miles from Sheffield.
This walk visits reservoirs in the Yorkshire part of the Peak District on a walk that is surprisingly sheltered in such an open landscape.
This moorland walk circles Strines Reservoir before climbing to breezy Derwent Edge to enjoy panoramic views across the national park as well as down to the Derwent reservoirs
Holme lies on the boundary of the Peak District and is just a couple of miles southwest of the famous town of Holmfirth.
This walk starts out at Marsden in West Yorkshire and heads south to explore a number of reservoirs on the northern edge of the Peak District.
Another walk that starts out Marsden and traverses Marsden Moor and skirts around the northern edge of the Peak District and even crosses into Lancashire.
- Enjoy your local countryside walks on National GetOutside Day with a free month’s subscription to OS Maps
- Seventh Course Limited T/A Matt Healy x The Foundry, Leeds
- Win a Yorkshire Gin & Tonic Hamper from Raisthorpe Manor
- Win a luxury two-night break at The Marton Arms in the Yorkshire Dales
- 2018 Yorkshire Life Food and Drink Awards - the winners revealed
- 2018 Yorkshire Life Food and Drink Awards - Bar of the Year
- 2018 Yorkshire Life Food and Drink Awards - Food Hero of the Year
- 2018 Yorkshire Life Food and Drink Awards - Tearoom/Cafe of the Year
- 2018 Yorkshire Life Food and Drink Awards - Newcomer of the Year
- 2018 Yorkshire Life Food and Drink Awards - Chef of the Year