6 great walks near Malham
PUBLISHED: 00:00 23 May 2018 | UPDATED: 19:04 02 August 2018
Malham is one of the most popular walking spots in the country. If you want to venture further afield and would like to explore the surrounding area, these walks are all within a ten mile radius of Malham.
3 miles from Malham
Calton is a village in the Craven district and lies on the River Aire, this walk rewards you with excellent views into Malhamdale, including the uppermost rocks of Malham Cove.
5 miles from Malham
This easily-accessible walk starts from Airton in Malhamdale and is a pleasant ramble demanding not too much by way of effort, being almost entirely flat other than for the brief climb to Haw Crag above Bell Busk.
6 miles from Malham
A lot of people have not even heard of Winterburn but it’s the name of a busy hamlet and a seldom-visited reservoir less than a couple of miles but a whole world away from that nose-to-tail traffic.
7 miles from Malham
This walk crosses the famous 17th century packhorse bridge at Stainforth twice on its way to and from the tiny hamlet of Feizor.
Arncliffe and Kettlewell
8 miles from Malham
This walk sets off from unspoiled Arncliffe in Littondale before crossing Old Cote Moor to drop into bustling Kettlewell in Wharfedale.
Rylstone and Cracoe
8 miles from Malham
To the east of Malham lie Cracoe and Rylstone, a popular walking spot that lies in between the major tourist destinations of Grassington and Skipton.
- Enjoy your local countryside walks on National GetOutside Day with free month’s subscription to OS Maps
- Seventh Course Limited T/A Matt Healy x The Foundry, Leeds
- Win a Yorkshire Gin & Tonic Hamper from Raisthorpe Manor
- Win a luxury two-night break at The Marton Arms in the Yorkshire Dales
- 2018 Yorkshire Life Food and Drink Awards - the winners revealed
- 2018 Yorkshire Life Food and Drink Awards - Bar of the Year
- 2018 Yorkshire Life Food and Drink Awards - Food Hero of the Year
- 2018 Yorkshire Life Food and Drink Awards - Tearoom/Cafe of the Year
- 2018 Yorkshire Life Food and Drink Awards - Newcomer of the Year
- 2018 Yorkshire Life Food and Drink Awards - Chef of the Year